Raving Red Protea Flower
15 Stems for $79.99
50 Stems for $159.99
30 Stems for $109.99
60 Stems for $189.99
40 Stems for $139.99
70 Stems for $199.99
Add a bold, beautiful touch to arrangements with Raving Red Protea Flower. The bloom resembles a pin cushion, with long spikes curving inwards towards a fuzzy red center. The spikes are a blazing orange color, while their small, circular tips have a rich red hue, ideal for adding an impactful detail to tropical arrangements. Try pairing with blooms like orange crush roses, blood orange mini calla lilies, and burgundy designer hypericum berries.
Average Bloom Width: 2 to 3 inches
Average Stem Length: 12 inches
- Protea features one bloom per stem.
- Expected vase life is an average of 8 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please read the special care and suggestions.
In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
Special Care & Suggestions
Tropical flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their long journey, this is absolutely normal. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cutaway any straps securing the flowers to the box and remove your flowers. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
- Continue this process until all of your flowers are in the water. Do not overcrowd your containers.
- Store your flowers indoors. The optimal storage temperature for tropical flowers is between 55°F to 75°F. This is very important for tropical flowers. Do not refrigerate your tropical flowers. Refrigeration will damage the blooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight, drafts, and excessive heat as well.
- Let your flowers hydrate before arranging them. Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water level. Tropical flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive, so it will likely need to be refilled.
- Change the water for your flowers ever 24-48 hours to ensure they stay healthy and happy. Re-cut the stems when giving them fresh water.