10 Stems for $79.99
20 Stems for $149.99
For an exotic and contemporary look, try Watermelon Heliconia. Heliconia is a tall, thick flower, known for its long, alternating spikes known as bracts. The bracts are juicy red, with a touch of dark green along the edges. This flower is perfect for adding texture and height to arrangements, making them unique and tropical. Try pairing with blooms like protea red pincushion flowers, burgundy designer hypericum berries, and ivory designer hypericum berries for a unique, beachy look.
Average Bloom Length: from stem to tip, 7 to 10 inches
- This product cannot be shipped to Canada.
- Heliconia is available year round.*
- Heliconia features one bloom per stem.
- Expected vase life is a minimum of 5 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please read the special care and suggestions.
In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Special Care & Suggestions
Tropical flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their long journey, this is absolutely normal. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
- When your box arrives, please remove your flowers from any packaging and inspect your blooms.*
- It is normal for tropical flowers to arrive looking squished, squeezed and flattened due to shipping conditions. They will recover after following proper care and hydration.
- Gather clean buckets or containers to hold your flowers.
- Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, lukewarm water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water. However, flower food is not required.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut approximately 1 inch off of each stem diagonally.
- Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water. Not doing so in a timely manner will cause the flower veins to close and the flower will be unable to properly hydrate.
- Continue this process until all of your flowers are in the water. Do not overcrowd your containers.
- Tropical flowers need a warmer environment than most cut blooms. We recommend storing tropical flowers between 65°F-75°F.
- Tropical flowers need to be misted 1-2 times a day with room temperature water. We recommend using a squirt bottle to do this.
- Do not refrigerate your tropical flowers. Refrigeration will damage the blooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight, drafts, and excessive heat as well.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to fully hydrate. Be sure to check the water level in your containers as tropical flowers drink a lot of water upon arrival.
- Change your flower water and recut the stems daily or when you start to notice discoloration in the water.