Yellow Asiatic Lily - 15 Stems
This item sells by the bunch, 5 Stems per bunch, 3 Bunches
Lemon yellow is saturated throughout this Asiatic Lily. This glamorous Lily is sure to make you feel like royalty when placed in any wedding bouquet, table centerpiece or flower arrangement.
- Lilies are available year round.
- Each stem has an average of 3 to 5 blooms.
- Asiatic Lilies have blooms that face upward from the center.
- Hybrid Lilies have blooms that face outward from the center.
- Oriental Lilies have very fragrant blooms that are larger in diameter, about the size of a dinner plate.
- Oriental Trumpet Lilies are a type of Oriental Lily with blooms that face nearly 90 degrees outward from the center.
- Lilies are shipped with 5 stems per bunch and are bundled together by a rubber band and packed in a cardboard or plastic wrap for protection during shipping.
- Lilies carry a lot of pollen. Even after the pollen has been removed, people may have allergic reactions to the flowers.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days with proper care and handling.
- Vase life will depend on the temperature. Cooler temperatures will result in a longer vase life.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please read the special care and suggestions.
In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
Special Care & Suggestions
Bulk Lily flowers are shipped directly from our farms with no water tubes. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and your flowers will remain beautiful.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps and also remove all paper and plastic packaging.
- Fill your container with fresh, lukewarm water to the desired level and optionally add floral preservative.
- Remove all leaves that fall below the waterline.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately one inch from bottom under running warm water with sharp scissors or knife.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared container.
- Allow your flowers 24 hours to properly hydrate before arranging.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Every 24 hours, be sure to re-cut the stems repeating the steps above to maximize the life and beauty of your flowers.
Lilies are sensitive to ethylene gas which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas. Place Lilies away from fruit and vegetables.
IMPORTANT: Lilies have two parts to their stamen: the stalk and the anther. It is important for you to gently pull off the anthers from the stalk as the flower is opening. If you leave the anthers attached to the stalk, then a yellow pollen will form. This yellow pollen will stain everything it touches! It will stain your hands, the flower, and clothing. If pollen stains the bloom, remove with a pipe cleaner. If pollen stains your clothing, remove with sticky tape (DO NOT APPLY WATER).
TO OPEN YOUR LILIES:
You will need to remove all leaves which can potentially touch the water to prevent bacteria from growing in your flower buckets. In order to do so, leave those leaves which you will want to incorporate into your arrangements intact on the stem and remove those leaves which are extra. Cut the stems diagonally to the desired length. Place the cut flowers into 5-7 inches of warm water in a clean bucket. As the bloom opens, remove the orange stamens from the center of the bloom and drop them into the water (a professional florist trick which causes a natural occurrence that will help the lilies to bloom more quickly). After your Lilies have been in the water for approximately 1 day, the blooms are ready to start flowering. In the event that you would like to speed up the blooming process here are 2 tips. Start with Tip #1 and in the event, this does not work, try Tip #2.
Tip #1 Carefully pry open the very tip of the flower bloom, by lightly splitting the tips open. You might hear a weird noise when doing this, which is natural. Also, take care not to bruise the body of the bloom by applying too much pressure. Once you have achieved opening the tip the slightest amount, place your lilies in a warm environment overnight and the blooms should pop open.
Tip #2 If flowers have a very closed bloom, you can place plastic bags over the blooms and set them in a warm bathroom and start a steaming shower. The enclosed heat will provoke the flower to bloom.